For the Moroccan spiced beef:
• 2kg chuck beef, chopped into cubes
• 3 tablespoon David Bitton Moroccan Spice
• 1L water
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• Sea salt, to season
• 1 jar Tar 10 Moroccan Style Preserved Lemon
• Small handful of coriander leaves, to garnish
• Lemon, to garnish
For the couscous:
• 1 cup couscous
• 1 cup water (or beef stock)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Combine the Bitton Moroccan Spice mix and water to create a paste, then cover your beef with paste.
2. Set aside to marinade while you heat up the olive oil.
3. Add in your chopped onion and sauté for a few minutes, or until soft.
4. Next add your beef in batches to brown off.
5. Once your beef has browned, place into your slow cooker with the remaining marinade and Tar 10 Moroccan Style Preserved Lemon, top up with water.
6. Set to high for 8 hours.
7. To make your couscous, place one cup of couscous in a heatproof bowl, add one cup of boiling water, stir, cover with a lid or foil and leave to stand. Five minutes later, add olive oil, turn over with a fork to separate the grains and season to taste.
8. To serve, place spoonfuls of couscous on each serving plate and top with beef. Garnish with lemon and coriander. Lightly steamed beans or a green salad are all that this dish needs as an accompaniment.