• 1tsp olive oil
• 1 brown onion chopped
• 2 garlic cloves crushed
• 1 medium zucchini chopped
• 1 medium carrot chopped
• 3 celery sticks chopped
• ½ a cauliflower, cut into small florets
• 400g diced tomatoes
• 1ltr vegetable stock
• 2 cups cold water
• Basil leaves
1. Heat 1tsp olive oil in a saucepan. Add 1 brown onion chopped, 2 garlic cloves crushed and cook until golden.
2. Add 1 medium zucchini chopped, 1 medium carrot chopped, 3 celery stalks chopped, ½ a cauliflower, cut into small florets and stir until vegetables start to brown.
3. Add 1 400g can of diced tomatoes, 1lt of vegetable stock, and 2 cups of cold water. Cover and bring to boil. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer till vegetables are soft.
4. Stir in ¼ cup of chopped fresh basil leaves.
5. Serve and enjoy!
We used these fun porcelain soup bowls for the photo above, which also come in Potato and Leek, Tomato and French Onion.