A modern twist on a quintessential Australia dessert; our Turkish Delight Pavlova will impress your guests this festive season.
Its fragrant rose flavours, perfect crunchy outer and mallow centre will have your guests wanting more!
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 1⁄4 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- Seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup Alfresco Emporium Turkish delight
- 1 pomegranate
- 4 tbs finely chopped pistachios
- 2 tsp dried rose petals to serve
- 7 eggwhites
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- Preheat your oven to 130°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and trace around a 26cm plate to create a large circle. Draw a second smaller circle inside to form your wreath boarder and place the baking paper traced-side down on your baking tray.
- Place egg whites in a bowl and, using an electric whisk, whisk them until the mixture resembles a fluffy cloud and stands up in stiff peak. Gradually add the caster sugar, one spoon at a time for about 3-4 minutes. When ready, the mixture should be thick and glossy.
- Using a metal spoon, spread meringue mixture between the two circles on the baking paper to create your wreath shape. Bake the meringue for 1 – 1 1⁄2 hour, then turn the oven off and leave until the oven is cold or overnight.
- Lightly whip the double cream, rosewater, vanilla and icing sugar to soft peaks, and spread onto the meringue wreath. Top with Turkish delight, pomegranate, pistachios, rose syrup and dried rose petals. Serve the pavlova within 2 hours, keeping it chilled.