Capture the festive spirit with our Christmas inspired margarita cocktails. Guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser, this cocktail is a great choice for drinks on Christmas day or for a festive dinner party.
Featuring a delightful combination of Tequila, Cointreau, ginger and cinnamon infused cranberry syrup, combined with cranberry juice, freshly squeezed orange juice, and a dash of lemon. The syrup is made by simmering the ingredients on the stove, filling your home with the festive aroma of Christmas.
For an alcohol free version, the syrup can be combined with sparkling water or ginger beer. The syrup keeps in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, so make extra to enjoy anytime you like.
Christmas Cocktail: Cranberry & Orange Margarita Recipe
Serves: 2 people
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
We recommend making the cranberry syrup ahead of time for one less thing to do on the big day.
2 x tablespoon salt flakes
1 x tablespoon chili flakes
1 cup cranberry juice (we used low sugar)
½ cup white sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 inch fresh minced ginger
½ cup frozen or fresh cranberries
90ml cranberry juice
40ml lemon juice
30ml orange juice
30ml spiced cranberry syrup (instructions below)
Make The Cranberry Syrup
• Combine the cranberry juice, white sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cranberries in a small sauce pan.
• Bring to a strong simmer, stirring often.
• Remove from the stove when the cranberries start to pop and the sugar has dissolved.
• Strain the mixture and use a spoon to push extra juice out of the cranberries.
• After the syrup reaches room temperature, bottle and store in the fridge.
• Mix the salt and chilli flakes on a plate large enough to fit the top of your glass.
• Using a lime slice, coat the rim of your glass in a generous amount of lime juice.
• Turn your glass upside down and place onto the plate to line the rim of your glass, we used our Alkemist Gin Goblets.
Make the Margaritas
• In a cocktail shaker add the Cointreau, tequila, cranberry juice, orange juice, lemon juice, and the cranberry syrup you made above.
*Featuring our Tortoise Shell Glass Cocktail Shaker.
• Add lots of ice and then shake vigorously until the the shaker feels cold.
• In your cocktail glasses add ice and strain over the margarita mix.
• Garnish with a few frozen cranberries, Cinnamon Quills and a peel of orange.
Indulge in your delightfully festive Christmas Margarita!