A fun Easter twist to this classic peppermint slice recipe that is sure to surprise and delight your guests, both young and old. Featuring our delicious jelly filled Mint Chocolate Speckled Easter Eggs, a delightfully light coconut base and rich choc-peppermint topping; perfect for an afternoon Easter treat.
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 250g Cocoa, sifted
- 50g Desiccated Coconut
- 30g Caster Sugar
- 140g Butter, melted
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 480g Icing Sugar, sifted
- 5 tablespoons Boiling Water
- ½ teaspoon Peppermint Essence
- 125g Mint Chocolate Speckled Easter Eggs
- 200g Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Combine the flour, cocoa, coconut, sugar, butter and egg in a large bowl and mix well.
- Line a 20cm x 30cm tin with non-stick baking paper and press the flour mix onto the base. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through, and set aside to cool.
- For the peppermint filling, place the icing sugar, water and mint essence in a bowl and mix well.
- Once combined, spread over the cooled base and refrigerate for 1- 2 hours.
- For the chocolate topping, place the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the filling and coat evenly. Refrigerate for 1- 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares and serve. Keep refrigerated