Nothing smells better than freshly baked bread with a touch of rosemary to fill your home on a cosy weekend afternoon. Transport yourself to Italy with this incredibly easy Olive and Rosemary Focaccia recipe that will be perfect to bring the family together. Discover our range of Olive products that will elevate your cooking and entertaining to the next level.
- 4 cups strong bread or pizza flour, plus extra to dust
- 3 tsp instant dried yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1⅓ cups room temperature warm water
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra to grease and 2 tbsp to drizzle
- 150 g mixed olives
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- Sea salt flakes, to sprinkle
- Combine flour, yeast and salt into a large mixing bowl and form a well at the bottom of the dry ingredients. Mix the oil and water together and pour into the well in the flour mixture. Combine everything together with a spoon and then use your hands before the kneading process.
- Sprinkle flour onto your kitchen bench or large wooden board before kneading the dough for 5-9 minutes. You’ll know the dough is done when it becomes smooth and stretchy. The dough should bounce back when you press a finger in it and that’s when you can stop. Lightly oil a clean bowl and place the ball of dough in the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a tea towel and wait for the dough to double in size in 1-1.5 hours.
- Firmly press the middle of the dough with your fist to knock out some of the air bubbles. Then take the dough and evenly spread it into a medium to large sized baking tray with baking paper. Press your fingers into the dough to form dimples all across the top of the dough. Decorate with mixed olives and fresh rosemary for garnish. Drizzle extra olive oil over the top and finish with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Set the dough aside in a warm area to slightly rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 210 degrees.
- Bake in your oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown.
- Serve fresh with our scrumptious Olive Tapenade and Olive Mustard to transport you to Italy for the summer.