Looking for a great winter recipe? We have got you covered with this delicious recipe from Stonewall Kitchen for Pulled Pork sandwiches.
Total: 3 hours
Makes: 6-8 servings
• 1.8kg boneless pork shoulder
• Salt and pepper
• 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Pulled Pork Simmering Sauce
• 6-8 sandwich buns
• Prepared coleslaw
1. Preheat oven to 165ºF.
2. Rub salt and pepper onto the pork.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a heavy ovenproof cooking pot that has a lid over medium-high heat. With the lid off, brown the roast on all sides. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of fat.
4. Pour jar of Pulled Pork Simmering Sauce over pork. Cover pot and bake for 2½-3 hours until the pork can easily be pulled apart with a fork. Spoon the sauce over the roast several times during baking.
5. When done, remove roast from pot. Pull pork apart removing any fat. Add pulled pork back to the pot with sauce and stir.
6. Serve warm on a sandwich bun topped with coleslaw.